Thursday, August 2, 2012

Mini Chicken Bacon Bites

You can never go wrong with chicken, bacon, AND jalapeno. During the week I barely have time to cook meals because I love to sleep in. My weekdays are usually sleep work sleep work. I needed a quick meal that could be prepared ahead of time. 


I'm all about quick meals. I think I've adapted that nature during college. I loved cooking and for others but I hated others waiting to eat so I always found ways to cut down on prep and get straight to cooking. I was determined to make delicious within 30 minutes or less, no matter how complex it was. It grew on and I love spending one day of the week prepping for meals that I'll devour throughout the week. 

Chicken Bacon Jalapeno Bites:
1 chicken breast
9 bacon slices
Jalapenos
Taco seasoning
Garlic powder
Spicy ranchero sauce (I used the Taco Bell one)
Preheat 375
Chop the chicken into chunks then season with garlic powder and taco seasoning. 
Lightly sear the chicken chunks in a little bit of oil. Don't cook all the way through as you will continue cooking in the oven. The sear will help lock in the juices while baking. 
Cut the bacon in half and lay it under the chicken, top it with jalapeno and toothpick.
Bake for about 10min. Broil for 2 min to get the bacon crispy. 

Delicious. Simple. Eating, enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my these look wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they're super easy, fun to make with friends or kids and yummy! great cocktail bites for a party

      Delete