Sunday, July 1, 2012

Chicken Quesadilla


It was during my first year in college where I learned how to make chicken quesadillas from my dear friend, Thomas. We had a group of friends that were hungry so I decided to make chicken lettuce wraps while Thomas made chicken quesadillas. They were so simple yet so delicious! Whenever I need a quick fix I always turn to this dish.  

Ingredients:
Thin sliced chicken (whole package)
Taco seasoning
1 green pepper thinly sliced
1 onion thinly sliced
1 tbsp minced garlic
Tortilla
Olive oil
Mexican shredded cheese
Chop your chicken into small pieces and season with taco seasoning (2 tbsp). Add the garlic and mix.
Heat your pan with 1tbsp of oil and saute your vegetables with chicken. Add 1tbsp of taco seasoning. Once vegetables and chicken are cooked through remove from pan to a bowl.
Using the same pan, drizzle a little bit of oil and place a tortilla down. Sprinkle with cheese, add the mixture, and sprinkle more cheese. Fold in half and push down so the quesadilla is closed. Flip to golden on both sides.
YUM YUM! My favorite part? That first bite. CRUNCH! then ooey gooey cheese followed by perfectly seasoned chicken and vegetables and then, just wait, OH YEA the juices. Let them flow and SOP IT UP! I don't dare to let any seasoned juice go to waste on my plate. That tortilla sweeps every bit of it up (C'mon it's the best part!)
Secret SHH - I was making bacon during the day and reserved its fat. I used some of it to saute the chicken and vegetables! So naughty.

Gourmet it up:
Add jalapenos, mushrooms, or even multicolored peppers
Spice it up with cayenne or red pepper flakes
Carne Asada steak, Adobo marinated chicken, Pork carnitas
Add bacon and serve with a zesty ranch dressing

Pica de gallo and guacamole on the side

No comments:

Post a Comment